PGCPS will hire more certified staff members such as Pupil Personnel Workers, school psychologists, social workers, and Restorative Practices coordinators to lower caseloads and support at-risk students with a focus on recruiting bilingual staff. The increased staffing will focus on positions that work directly with students with behavioral, mental health and truancy issues.
- Article 4.2 H (new language) – PGCEA shall be provided a quarterly report by school, of Unit I position transfers, resignations, retirements, terminations and administrative leaves.
- Article 13, G (new 2) – PGCPS shall provide quarterly reports to PGCEA of schools filing work orders for mold, air, and/or water quality testing or remediation as well as actions taken to address reported concerns.
- Article 13 H (new language) – Unit I members will have direct access to maintenance request forms and will be able to initiate and track maintenance requests for their classrooms and other assigned works areas.
- Article 13 I (new language) – Unit I members will assess school climate and administration annually using a perception survey designed and administered by PGCEA. Survey data will be shared with the CEO and used to identify school administrative leadership in need of improvement, transfer or other appropriate actions.
- Article 13, J (new language) – PGCPS shall commit at all levels to ensuring that no Unit I member shall be subject to harassment, hostile or humiliating behavior or be subjected to abusive language or threats by supervisors, parents, or students, as required under Maryland Statute and the negotiated agreement. PGCPS and the Board of Education will work with PGCEA to ensure appropriate policies and administrative procedures are in place to ensure compliance.
- Article 14, A,14 (new language) – Reasonable routine housekeeping and maintenance will be provided in all PGCPS schools.
- Article 14, C. (new language) – PGCPS will not use temporary classrooms at regional schools serving students with profound/significant cognitive or physical disabilities or at Early Childhood Centers for classrooms or other student programs or activities.
- Article 17, G (new 2 a.) – In cases of assault, Unit 1 Members will not be required to notify law enforcement or file a complaint against the assailant, in order to qualify for assault leave.
- Article 22, G. 8. (new Language) – Pupil Personnel Workers shall be 11-month positions.